This site is dedicated to fashion lovers :) Feel free to join!

Forums

Forum Home > kstefanieeee.webs.com > New Banner

Stefanie
Site Owner

So whoops, I accidentally deleted the banner. I'm talking about the banner in homepage. soooooo. If anyone has any ideas what image to use as the new banner, comment below! :) 

Some inspirations come from weheartit.

I'll edit the picture and write  Fashion Community on it. I just need ideas! 

--

February 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

Close ups of different clotheswould be cool.

Like shirt collar section or bracelets or close up of a belt buckle...

Or different things you use to make things with because there are lots of DIYs on here. I mean things like a pile of buttons or threads.

--

Art is life and my life is art! p.s. I'm also artistic-biscuit on Polyvore. Follow me and I'd follow you.

February 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

Why don't you include people on this site to help with the banner. Say do a banner contest and winner I don't know could get some polyvore sets liked or some other prize?

This could be a make a banner to fit or pick pictures to go on it. etc

--

Art is life and my life is art! p.s. I'm also artistic-biscuit on Polyvore. Follow me and I'd follow you.

February 28, 2013 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

meladesigns
Administrator

It would be great to design a logo for the Fashion Community name, one you can carry on with...

For instance just using the Letters "F" & "C" with a new font style and then incorporate a graphic image of just guessing here...a star, flower, or people holding hands to symbolise community....

Just thoughts

Cheers

--

mela design8)

March 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stefanie
Site Owner

Feel free to post your idea @meladesigns ! :) 

--

March 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

p.s. I'm thinking the background should be changed too as it's no longer winter.

--

March 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stefanie
Site Owner

I'll work on it right now,feeling creative! 

--

March 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

http://www.polyvore.com/fashion_community/set?id=74705839

I tried a bit of advertising of this site. Hope it does something positive.

--

March 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

meladesigns
Administrator

Hello Stefanie,

I have taken the liberty to change all the backgrounds on each page.

You will notice that not completly plain, but with faint pink with the grey compliments the use of the burgangy panels throught out your site.

I know this is drastic, but all the focus is on the content now...no longer are you drawn to the pictures on the sides of your content.

The content is where you want the members to go to, not to be lost with the pictures on the side...

I hope you find this okay...let me know, if you don't thats okay too...

Cheers

--

mela design8)

March 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Starexplosion81

I like it, congrats on being an admin.

--

You'll never forget the face of the person who is your last hope.

-KATNISS EVERDEEN

March 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

I think the background is good but, the design doesn't make me think this site is about fashion/art. 

--

March 10, 2013 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

meladesigns
Administrator

Hi, yest totally agree, but if you loose people's interest before they can discover the site's content then you are already defeated.

Now its up to the content the center of the pages to shine....this is where you win the target audience....so concentrate on your ideas on this.

Home page may need to change a little to draw people in...just thoughts.....

--

mela design8)

March 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

Perhaps each page could be a different colour or tint of the same texture. If you understand.

Maybe the top bar bit could have fashion things on it...e.g. shoes and buttons? (part that is stripy)

Or another idea is where it says:

"This site is dedicated to fashion lovers :)

Feel free to join!"------ there the background could have fashion things on it as a border.

Only suggestions...

--

March 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

I've got another idea for the background...what do you think of something like this?

Add the curvy edge part to the side of the forum page. Perhaps each page could be another colour and then little details like flowers or beads related to the page it is could be on top in a subtle way.

--

March 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

meladesigns
Administrator

yes, like the satin feel, however we need to be careful...the above photo has copyright attached. We need to find ones that do not have copyright and are free to use or make it from scratch...

--

mela design8)

March 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

I put this photo as an idea to show what I meant by satin. I couldn't find words to describe it with the curved edge. Trucky finding an effect not copyright like this hmmm

--

March 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

meladesigns
Administrator

Hi,

I have been constructing a new background image, trying to use images that don't require copyright etc...

I have come up with one I have added to my album photos.

Satin is a problem not many images out there that will give freely.

I am considering taking my own photos to see how the quality will come out.

Anyway take a look at what I have done. A couple of images + vector work...

ta

--

mela design8)

April 11, 2013 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

I don't think what you've done will work on this site for the background. It's a little too simple and not fashion related. Take a look at other fashion related sites for inspiration...they have stuff with fashion items involved or the logo of the brand/site on it somewhere.

--

April 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

e.g. these:http://forums.thefashionspot.com/

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/inspiration/stunning-fashion-website-designs-inspiration/

Only sites selling fashion need to keep it basic for the background to show of the clothes better and not be too busy and cluttered. Here it needs to be interesting and engaging to be like "ooo what is this I want to know more..."

--

April 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ArtisticBiscuit
Administrator

I've edited the site a little bit. If you dislike it then change it or ask for it to be done :)

--

April 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.